Followers

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Macabre Monday HDH068 - Octopodally Ominous

Well molly smacks Batman...I can't believe I actually got in a card for Macabre Monday. I have been dying to play along with the Minions and finally was able to make this card. I tell ya, Barb was right when she said this challenge was harder than you thought. It truly was...here's the challenge... You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween project / card using EXACTLY 8 items. Every little thing counts... card base, image panel, every gem, ribbon, sentiment, etc!! ...............ENJOY!!!! ...............

Ok-- so I pulled it off....I am so not good at less is more...lol...I think it came out pretty well though and it's going to be one of those "special" note cards for our daughter...from Mom, ya know what I mean...I thought the inside could read "it takes courage to be yourself"....she's at an impressionable age and peer pressure is in high demand. Here's how I total my tally's...lol....

1 card base--1black mat--1image--1image cut out (which was stamped at the top where you would pull the paper from the pack and it gives you the holes..smart aren't I..added texture..a freebie)--1pc twine--1 greeting--2 photo corners--tallies to a whopping 8 things...I'm sorry, but this is a major thing for me...I just love "stuff"...lol...anywhoooooo---stop over and see what the Minions have created for your pleasure...and why the heck not join in....I BET IT'S HARDER THAN YA THINK!!!!!

The stamp is from Stamp It Crazy (Dred lock girl)-- (thanks Barb for the winning goodies)...can't wait to use more of them....paper from DCWV tag from Making Memories, photo corners Heidi Swapp and distress inks....

************************

Well have a happy sunny day bloggers.....hugs from a cholly Charm City

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool card! :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Brava! And of all of the MM challenges YOU picked THIS one. It was a bite, LOL but you rallied famously! Love it! Thanks for playing along! xxD

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Very COOL and GREAT job on meeting the requirements!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

You're a genius, lol, one piece of twine wrapped around to give the impression of more bits, now why didn't I think of that? This is great, and I hope your daughter finds it inspiring. Thanks for playing along with us at HDH and good luck! :D

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Yea! So good to see you playing in our neighborhood again! I missed you!
Fabulous card. Very clever use of elements.
Thanks for joining us this week at HDH!

Andrea C said...

yup yup yup brill work as always x