Followers

Monday, December 13, 2010

Just Because

Happy Monday Morning Blogland!!!!!
Today I have a just because card....Meaning, I made this" just because" the spirits moved me.......you ever get those feelings? Just sitting down to make something, anything, just as long as it wasn't for a challenge or design team that you're on? I did yesterday.....the turnout is different from how I thought when I started it, but I do like the ending....ENJOY!!!!!!
see, I told ya it was different....I guess I would call this card, getting back to my roots....lol....before I got hooked on the challenge blogs, I use to make things just sitting down and adding "stuff" to paper after paper...lol....and I truly have always loved the vintage look so this card was so me......
********************
I used Tim Holtz flower die cut them out of chipboard and added distress embossing powder to the petals.....added another metal sign from Making Memories for the greeting, some little lights, pearls and glass sprays....ribbon and lace are from Making Memories also...and pattern paper from Flair Design....

here's just the closer view of the flower...you can see the texture that the distress embossing powder leaves behind....it reminds me of sandpaper....but I love it!!!!! LOL....

Well, peeps, I just wanted to pop in here and say I hope you all have a great week ahead.....Hugs from a cold Charm City....

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Just beautiful! Love the flower.

Anne Temple said...

Love the look of this card! The Tattered Florals die so so fun to use.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

How pretty! You have to understand that I only knew your work from TBD challenges, so this is such a lovely and beautiful facet of your work I have not met before.

Rosa Witten said...

Oh Nancy it's beautiful! The flower is lovely, I love the vintage look. :)

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE the vintage feel, hon! Yeah, maybe the next few weeks with the DT's on vaca I'll get to do something like this (AFTER I get my decorating done, of course!) xxD

Gina K said...

Hey, Nancy. I haven't stopped in to see you for a while and I figured it's about time. I love this card. I love the vintage style of it, the textures and the wonderful embellishments. Just beautiful!!!

And darnit, why'd we have to get snow already?!?

Kimi's store (Create it crafts) is closing after Christmas. If you have any time to get there, she's got some fabulous deals going.