Followers

Friday, September 26, 2014

Haunted Rubiks Cube Candy Box


Good morning blog land...today I have a quick post for the challenge over at Scor Pal. I came across a picture on the net and thought to myself, wow, how cool would that be to put Halloween candy in...so I set out to make it and this is what I came up with..... Enjoy!!!
Here is the front view...there's 3 drawers that pull out for candy...
Side view...
Here's my inspiration...I used my scor pal to create the 3 drawers and glued them together...I was going to make them so they swiveled but decided since this was paper and chipboard to just glue them together....

I used Happy Hauntings for the die cuts from my Cricut and MS border punches...

Back view

Side view

The loot...lol...

Top view....I decided to keep it simple...and if you know me this is really hard...but I really wanted the Rubik's Cube to shine instead of stuff...so to speak....
************
Deets
3 pcs 10x10 black stock for frames
3 pcs 9 3/4x 93/4 for drawers...
Score at 2 and 8 on all sheets....
Fold the smaller sheets into a drawer
The bigger into a box but folding in the ends for the drawers to slide in...I keep this extra stock to help build layers instead of just making a sleeve that fits over the drawer...did that make sense? ...I also added chipboard to all sides and bottoms...this really feels like an over sized Rubiks cube...   *************
So this is all I have for now...I hope you all have a sunny day....hugs from a sunny Charm City....


3 comments:

CG said...

Wow, this is so beautiful and clever! Love your inspiration. A great project for this Fall weather in Baltimore! Best, CG

Lois said...

This is really cute. I may have to give it a try -- and maybe try to make it look like a Rubik's Cube!

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is awesome!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects