Followers

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A Magnolia Sketch Challenge and TPE Layout Challenge #9

This is my second post for today..If you're looking for TPE card challenge, please scroll down.....I have to say that I have missed playing with the Magnolia group. I had seen that they had a sketch challenge#3 posted on the birthday blog and I knoew I jsut had to play along. I know I'm a bit late, but that's ok...I was able to finish it and wanted to share with everyone....I have seen where some have used an air brushing technique to color in flowers and background papers using Copics. Well I wanted to try this and that's how I changed the color if the white flowers in the upper corner. But I didn't use an air brush gun I used a can of air that you would use to clean your computer keepboard/computer.....it took a little time to get use to, but I think with playing more I can get it down for a background. And here's a layout for the challenge over at The Pink Elephant Layout Challenge #9 summer layouts. Although this is an older layout, I wanted to play along this week. I think I am going to start playing with them cuz' I'm so far behind in my layouts and truly miss making them for our family albums.
I took this photo on a trip to the beach a few years ago of our little one and her backyard best friend....as I call them, over the fence buddies....lol....I used Microsoft word to do my journaling. To make the white letters I had a black box, typed in my journaling and then brought the journaling to the front in white (on top of the box) and then just printed it off. Rub on's are from Dee's distressed effects by My Mind's Eye Inc. Daisy Hill chipboard alpha's and EK Success alpha stickers....Well have a wonderful afternoon.....Hugs from a very HOT Charm City....

8 comments:

LORi said...

This is fabulous!!! One sensational page!! WOW!!

Thanks for sharing with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Pink HUGS - LORi

Eulanda said...

Love both projects but the Magnolia card? OMG lady! FREAKIN FABULOUS! I am very curious tho. How did you use canned air?? Have a great day!

Sharon Caudle said...

These are both amazing, Nancy! The card is fabulous and your coloring is gorgeous! Way to go using your canned air! You're a genious! And your layout is gorgeous!!! Love how you did your journalling box! I'm going to have to try and do that! I'm sure I'll be hollering for help! LOL!
hugs!
Sharon

Carole Beath said...

Oh Nancy, I found you. I FOUND YOU... You have been lost to me but now you are found. I love your darling Tilda card and that cute LO of the pirates. Oh...I am following you now so don't let me get lost again.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Holy moley Nanc! Aren't you the busy bee! 2 more FAB projects today! Tilda is precious and the airbrushing is gorgeous! And the layout! Too cute for words! xxD

Trudi said...

What a great page, love the design! Thanks for joining our scrap challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!

StampingbugKerry said...

HOLEY Smokes! Your work just blows me away. It's fabulous. Love the mixture of whimsy and artsy stamps. You are a master!!!

Kerry

Janiel/ janny said...

HI Nancy, Love you card and layout!!! I see you have a ton of BEAUTIFUL artwork on your blog.

You ask about the blk/white checked paper.. it is 7 gypies on the grad card. There are a few different ones that I use that are out there.
I hope that helps you.
hugs, Janiel