Followers

Monday, March 01, 2010

It's Monday and Sunny

Thank you for stopping in this morning. It's very sunny here in Charm City so I'm hoping for a beautiful day. I can actually see green grass outside now and that is such a great site. I'm hoping that it means SPRING is on it's way. First up is a blog award I received from a very talented lady that I just love her work. She does some very amazing things over on her blog. Thank you so much Margie ( Bella Bug Creations) and if you get a chance stop by and check out her blog and don't forget to say Hi and leave some love. I have to pass this one to 6 people. I always hate this part, as I have to admit, I just love everyone's blog that I visit. I get so much inspiration from so many that it's just hard. So I will leave this to you who visit me. I would love for you to take this award, link back to me and share it with whom you find inspiration from in blogland. Or maybe there's that special someone that is just outstanding.
Next up is a card for a challenge over at Kraftin Kimmies blog. I just love-- love-- love the new collection of stamps that recently came out of pirates. If you have not seen these yummies, pop on over to the store and see for yourself. They are just like all of the others, a must have to have in your stamp stash...lol...I did....
The challenge was to use buttons and bows. I know, bows on a pirate card. Not to mention, the paper is from DCWV and is their linen collection...not much piracy going on here....lol....but I have to say, I really do like how this card turned out. And I'm so glad that I was able to finaly make a card for their challenge this week. I really enjoy their challenges and have missed them . To make the frame I used those little silver spacers for jewelry making and threaded some twine around them and added red glitz to the top. I can't remember who makes those star buttons either...sorry...the pirate stamp is called Billy Blyth and the greeting stamp is also from Kraftin Kimmie and the background word stamp is from the Memory box (christmas block)
here's another image from the collection called Polly the Bar Wench. Isn't she just full of ATTITUDE!!!!! I LOVE THE ATTITUDE.....lol...I think the attitude faces makes it, the must have for me, for stamps. Not to mention they all come with a little side stamp to go along with the bigger one (not shown in this card or one above). So it's like you get 2 for the price of one. And while you're in the store, make sure you click on the stamp photo and Kimmie shows you cards that the DT has made for more inspiration on using the stamp. How cool is that? The gretting is also from the same sheet of rubber as the one above. But to me that face says something way different...get my drift.....lol....flower buttons are from Doddlebug, paper DCWV and Recollections from bling swirly....oh I forgot, this is actually a clear card...I got that from Michaels paper section called Clear Craft Plastic from Grafix...I am loving this stuff...25 sheets for 10 bucks I think...very nice weight to it also....I also colored in the images using distress ink refills....
Well that's all I have for today....I'm working on a bigger project and should take most of the week....Thank you for stopping in this morning and I do hope you all have a wonderful week ahead...hugs from a Sunny Charm City.....

5 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH Nancy!! Both of these cards are absolutely incredible!!! All of the elements on the Billy card come together perfectly, including the bow! And Miss Polly is one sassy gal....perfect sentiment for her! Great job with this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!!! Love them!

Lena said...

Nancy, this card is very beautiful. I love all elements and arrangement. Really, a great job.
Hugs
Lena

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh girl, you are so amazing! These cards are fabulous! You know I love everything you do, and these are no exception! You ROCKED these stamps, my friend! I love them!!!!

So glad you've got sunshine today! Hope it sticks around for you!

hugs!
Sharon

Betty Boo! said...

WOW Nancy! I had to pick myself off the floor! Beautiful cards! Can't wait for you to be on my team!!

Betty

DonnaMundinger said...

Ahhh Nancy! These are just FAB! those Kimmies are too cute and you always do such great stuff with them.! xxD