Followers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Pink Elephant and Paper Take Weekly Challenges

Happy Friday---Man am I glad this week is over and it's finally the weekend. I know soon enough I won't be glad it's the weekend as I will have to be working them. This was just some disheartening news I received today at work. I have about a month and then it's weekend duty. YUK!!!! But you know what they say, this to shall pass. I just hope it will pass sooner than later. KWIM!!!!! On a lighter note, I made this card for our niece's birthday tomorrow. I used the sketch from Paper Take Weekly and the theme challenge---birthday---from The Pink Elelphant. The stamp is another from Kraftin Kimmie. Have you gone over there yet? If not, what the heck are you waiting for. They just released a new line of stamps and they are to die for. Let me say it again, To Die For!!!! LOL....I really thought this one fit our niece. She's so pretty and alittle glam like this stamp but has that little tude thing going on. Have you seen the artist' blog that creates these stamps, Annie Rodrigue? Holy cow girls and boys. Pop on over there and check her blog out Moonlight Whispers . I was flipping through her pages and I was in awe of her work. As I was reading I noticed that she uses ink to color in her images. It looked like liquid ink not from a marker. So me being the kind of person that I am, decided to try it on this little birthday girl. I have done this before, but I really tried to make it work with the blending and all. And I have to say that I really like coloring in with a paint brush better than a marker. Why, I don't know. I just do. I even used acrylic paint watered down with water (hair color). I remember back at the holiday season there was a tutorial using inks like this as well over in the classroom at Ellen Hutson that was very helpful. So I have all of these bottles of reinkers that I am putting to good use instead of using them on the ink pads themselves. I also used Canson watercolor paper 90lb. instead of the Neenah paper. I felt like this would hold the liquid ink better than the Neenah paper. I just used the backside of it instead cuz it was smoother than the front. It's called the Biggie Jr. and I got it at Joannes for about 10 bucks for 5o sheets. But I did use clear embossing powder after I stamped my image so it would keep the colors from bleeding together. So there you have it. A new found method ( for me anyways) of me trying to color in images. I know I still have alot of trial and error, but I think this will work for me as I just can't seem to get a hang of those darn cute Copic markers. So what do you think? Is she ok for my first try at using reinkers? paper is by Scenic Route reinkers from Distress Inks worn lipstick broken china and tea dye and acrylic is yellow ochre (with a little mix of tea dye ink) I also added some stickles this is the sketch for Paper Take Weekly Well that's all I have for today. I hope to play some more this weekend. I received some new stamps in the mail the other day from a very special friend and have been dying to play with them. I hope you all ahve a wonderful weekend. Hugs from a very warm Charm City

4 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh I just LOVE those Kimmie stamps, Nancy! This card is ADORABLE! Cool new technique, my dear. The coloring is fab! So sorry about the weekend work detail. Enjoy those you have left free. xxD

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are having too much fun with those Kraftin' Kimmies! Don't ya just love 'em?! Such cool papers, Nancy and your coloring is fabulous, as it always is!

Annie said...

brilliant - a fun look - - totally gorgeous card - thank you so much for sharing this fab work with us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

Betty Boo! said...

I love hat you did with her! So glad you are playing with your stamps!

Hugs!

Betty