Followers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Pink Elephant Sketch Challenge

Happy Thursday..well as happy as we can be here in our house. DH just got back from the doctors and he's been diagnosed with the flu. But not the H1N1 flu. Thank goodness. But nonetheless, the flu. The dr gave him meds for our little one and myself cuz' he said we are going to get it also. What a bummer. I am not up for this flu season crap. On a lighter note, here is the project I made for The Pink Elephant sketch challenge over at their site. You should hop on over and play along. I was playing with the Tags Bags Boxes and More Cricut cartridge and made the matchbox. I had one hell of a time trying to get this cut right to. I went through so many sheets of cardstock it isn't even funny. But I ended up figuring it out and I have so many extra cuts that I need to figure out what to do with them. I received my first book today in the mail from the circle journal swap. I love it, and I can't wait to do my pages in this book for her. I have so many things swarming in my head I just don't know which way I want to go with it. Her theme is Season's. And we all know I love Fall but I also love winter as much. Both seasons are very fun and nature is so beautiful. So we'll see... Here's this week's challenge
This is the set I made..I used the sketch on both the card and candy box
The witch and quote stamps are from Staving Artist
the tree and crooked path are from Stamp Scapes
and the bat is one of those foamies that come in a pack from the craft store
I colored them in with Prisma pencils
I used the TBB cricut cart --match1 cut at 6 1/4" and match2 cut at 6"
the witches leg stamp and spider sticker are from Recollections
the happy halloween stamps are from Inkadinkado
buttons are from Basic Grey and those little circle mirrors are from the craft store
the shell that the witches leg stamp is in are 2 2" circles, made slits into them and rolled the corners up. Turned the bottom one upside down. You can see a better view in the next photo..
here's what it looks like when the drawer is pulled open
Well that's it for now. I have to run for now. It's bedding day and the dryer has shut off. Gotta keep it running...lol...have a great day..Hugs from a very Sunny Fall Day!!!!

6 comments:

Betty Boo! said...

Nancy you are soooo good! I love these projects! When I grow up I wanna be like you! Thanks for joining The Pink Elephant Challenge!

Betty

Unknown said...

How clever for creating an adorable box. :) Hope your hubby is feeling better soon. :)

Annie said...

You did a fantastic job using Lori’s sketch - she will love these projects. So much fun - love them.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous projects!! Great take on this weeks sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Sheri

DonnaMundinger said...

wow, what a cool set! And to think you used the sketch twice! Love it! xxD

LORi said...

Fabulous!!!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!!

HUGS - LORi BOYD