Followers

Monday, October 05, 2009

Here's some cards from WCMD (weekend)

Happy belated WCMD everyone. I have tried to post a couple doifferent times here but got side tracked with family things. I was able to hang out at the Classroom over at Ellen Hutson's site. They had some really great tutorials and challenges. I wasn't able to make all of them but I did love the tutorials for the ones that I wasn't able to make. Thank you so much Ellen and your team for such inspiration. The first five cards posted below are what I made for the challenges. The last 2 cards I jsut made to use up some older supplies. If you get a second take a gander over to the CLASSROOM and check out the tutorials. You won't be disappointed. I am so sorry for the colors. I just could not get a good photo of the cards. I tried a few different things and still no good. You can also click on the photos to get a better view of each card if you would like. This is for EHWCMD2-sketch from Susan Roberts ---I used some shaved ice on the star and glitter glue. EHWCMD3--This was, I have to say my favorite tutorial from Becky Olsen. It was so right up my alley. She used the sticky back canvas and did a transfer technique with paper. I ammm so getting me some of that stuff. I did however use muslin to hand cut the scallop and made it into a flower. I just picked this stamp up and realy like it. I thought this would be kind of cute for a secret admirer card ...what do you think? EHWCMD4--puttin on the Glitz from Julia Stainton---another new stamp that I thought was just the cutest. I really wish you could see this in real life. She just sparkles and has such attitude.
EHWCMD6--color challenge by Sharon Harnist--here is used some Tim Holtz grungeboard stars and added some diamond dust with a couple of silver bells to make a little jingle.
EHWCMD7--Holiday card challenge by Debbie Olsen--and yet another new stamp that I thought was just to cute to pass up. I used some rhinestones for the halo and some flower soft on top of the grungeboard wing.
This was just a throw together. And wouldn't you know, this is our little one's fav. card...lol..
Have you ever wondered how to use those 12X12 sheets of paper that has pre-printed designs on it without cutting it all up? This was from the Martha Stewart pack. It's not the best, but I think it turned out ok. Alot of black glitter glue and some fabric dots along with the border punch from Martha's collection to.
Well that's it for now. I hope everyone was able to take some time out this past weekend to play and make some cards. Until next time have a great sunny fall day from Charm City

2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Fun, fun, fun Nancy! You sure have some adorable stamps and have made such great use of them here. Love them all! xxD

DeeDee said...

Hi Nancy! All your creations are wonderful as usual! I love that first moose image so much...too CUTE! HUGS!