Followers

Sunday, February 03, 2019

A Mixed Media Tutorial

Happy game day everyone. Today I thought I would share a little photo tutorial with you on how I put together my little wooden happiness plaque I shared a couple weeks back. I don't know about you, but I'm in heaven when I'm getting my fingers all messy.....lol....

 Enjoy!!!!

 Supply List: 
You can use basically any type of background. Even use this method onto a card. But here I used a 7" round wooden plaque.

Gesso- stencil- modeling paste- spatula- old cardboard-  pattern paper- and some sort of coloring (here I used some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist)- and then all of your embellishments that you would like to use.


 I primered the plaque with a light layer of white Gesso--front and back


 I randomly tore the paper and glued it down with some wet glue. Same for the card board


 Added another light layer of Gesso


 using the stencil-modeling paste and a spatula, stencil anywhere on the project as you wish
 here you can see I only added some in spots...and I tried to tapper the ends a little ...this helps so it doesn't look so harsh...did that make sense?


 here you can see that I sprayed the Glimmer Mist a little to much. But I do like how it turned out. I also added another layer of cardboard and paper straws for more height...


 I just wanted to share that I used some of this Flower Soft that has been collecting dust. You can see it in the photo below. Do you own any of this? If so, why not dig it out and use it. I would love to see what you can make with it.




Here's the finished plaque. I added a bunch of foamiran  and Cricut flowers that I made. And also some packaged flowers ( tiny ones)

Thanks for stopping by and I would love to see your projects you make.

I hope everyone has a great week ahead......Hugs from a warmer Charm City

No comments: