Followers

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year and 2S4U Challenge

Happy 20-10 everyone. How are you going to say it, 2010 or 20-10? For me, I'm liking the 20-10. This is a debate in our home right now. DH and our little one is going with 2010. But I really like to be different. Hense the 20-10...lol.... We had a lovely time during the holidays. So much family and food it wasn't even funny. Not to mention, WORK!!! YUK!!! But hey, someone has to do it right. I hope everyone had a wonderful time with your families and got that ever lovin present that you had been dying to get all year long. DH really surprised me with one that was way out in left field. But I really do love it. It was a Craftsman 12 volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Multi-Tool set. This thing rocks. This past summer I got a table jig saw and this just fits right in with what I really need to finish off my projects. I can't wait to be able to get back to playing with the jig saw as I have so many ideas using my Cricut machine. Onto this lovely sketch from Laura over at 2S4Y. We were also asked to use the colors red, black and silver for a new year. I went alittle farther and made this into a love card for DH. Everything I used is "OLD" supplies. Meaning I have had these for over a year in my stash. I really have been eying up my zipper packs and wanted to use one on this card. So what do you think? Laura sketch #42
side view
front view
inside ...I don't know about you, but for me--if I dont do the inside of the card right away, it doesn't get finished.
Well that's it for now. I'll be back tomorrow with a few more cards that I have made. I hope everyone has a lovelt evening....hugs from Charm City

8 comments:

rudlis said...

Wow, beautiful card :)
Happy New Year!

Laura Davis said...

What a cool card. I love the zipper :) Thanks for playing at 2s4Y!
Laura

Kathy Martin said...

So pretty! LOVE that butterfly! :) Kathy

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a zipper on a card - and you rocked it! Thanks so much for joining us at 2S4Y!

Betty Boo! said...

Great card girlfriend! I am putting your stamps in the mail tomorrow! I am gonna owe you a buck back hee hee!

Betty

DonnaMundinger said...

Happy New Year Nancy! WooHoo, LOVE the zipper! I DEFINITELY feel a scraplift coming on. Maybe that'll be me New Year's resolution (to finish the inside of my cards) since that's why nobody got any Christmas cards. This is gorgeous! xxD

cnelson said...

wow!! love this so much!! LOOOOOOOOOVIN' that zipper and that fab butterfly!!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card! Love the butterfly! Great job with Laura's sketch!

♥Lea